Book of Chapin
Book of Chapin is a 1985 VHS release of a performance filmed for a 1974 appearance on the PBS TV series Soundstage. This show was filmed in Chicago at the WTTW studios. This concert eas released on video, DVD, and laserdisc. The show took 6 hours to record according to Ron Palmer.
The show is filmed in a small intimate studio setting with a small appreciative audience with Harry engaged with the audience tell a story about each song.
The DVD release titled An Evening with Harry Chapin is just a straight transcription of the video with no special features besides the addition of chapters. The DVD cuts of the part of the credits from the VHS. The DVD also list a special appearance by Tom Chapin, however Tom does not appear on the DVD, nor the original VHS version.
- What Made America Famous?
- Mr. Tanner
- Six String Orchestra
- Mail Order Annie
- Cat's in the Cradle
- She Sings Songs Without Words
- Harry Chapin - vocals, guitar
- Ron Palmer - acoustic guitar
- Michael Masters - cello
- John Wallace - bass
- Ken Ehrlich - executive producer
- Dave Erdman - associate producer, director
- Eliot Wald - associate producer
- Cynthia Sothon - assistant director
- Amazon.com - the VHS version is highly rated by customers
|United States||June 6, 1985||Rhino/WEA||VHS||R3 2085|
|United States||July 14, 1998||Platinum Entertainment||DVD||0 15095 2307 2|