From The Harry Chapin Wiki
|List of years|
|1973 1974 1975 - 1976 - 1977 1978 1979|
Day by Day
- 3 - Concert for Children Concert at Huntington High School, Huntington, NY, USA. This concert was a benefit concert for the PAF Playhouse. Also performing were Pete Seeger and Tom Chapin.
- 5 - Harry Chapin performs in Binghamton, NY.
- 6 - Harry Chapin performs in Chicago, IL.
- 11 - Harry Chapin performs in Fairfield, CT.
- 16 - Harry Chapin performs in Knoxville, TN.
- 19 - Harry Chapin's play The Zinger opens at the PAF Playhouse in Huntington, NY.
- 20 - Harry Chapin performs at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA.
- 21 - Harry Chapin performs in Kearny,NE.
- 22 - Harry Chapin performs at the Willow Bowl at Wayne State College in Wayne, NE.
- 23 - Harry Chapin performs in Levittown, NY.
- 24 - Harry Chapin performs in Ronkonkoma, NY.
- 26 - Harry Chapin performs in Seaton, NJ.
- 27 - Harry Chapin performs in Watertown, NJ.
- 4 - Danceathon at Huff Gym on the campus of the University of Illinois,Champaign, Illinois. This benefit concert was broadcast live on the campus radio station, WPJU. This concert featured an early longer version of On the Road to Kingdom Come (song).
- 24 - Billboard Magazine ad for Greatest Stories Live album appears. Text from the ad: "The one word that describes HARRY CHAPIN is simply incredible. The man always means pure excitement, and on Harry's new specially-priced double album from ELEKTRA, HARRY CHAPIN-GREAT STORIES-LIVE (7E-2009), are all the songs that have made Harry the superstar that he is: "WOLD," "Taxi,"Cat's in the Cradle,", plus ten more show stoppers. HARRY CHAPIN-GREATEST STORIES-LIVE! It's incredible! He's incredible! Ask anyone who has seen him!"
- 2 - King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show presents Harry Chapin and Janis Ian live in concert. This broadcast was from a concert at Avery Fisher Hall in New York on October 20, 1975.
- 19 - Bottom Line, NYC, NY. This concert is described as a private party for WNEW-FM at the Bottom Line web site. 
- 5 - Cashbox magazine published an article about Harry.
- 5 - Tom Chapin marries Bonnie Craven.
- 5 - Harry Chapin performs a solo concert in Omaha, Nebraska.
- 24 - Harry performs at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles in the first performance of a two night engagement.
- 25 - Harry performs at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles in the second performance of a two night engagement.
- 22 - Ball Four, a short-lived TV comedy that Harry wrote and sang the theme song of the show, premiered on this date.
- 13 - Harry performs at Drew University in Madison, NJ.
- 27 - Ball Four, a short-lived TV comedy that Harry wrote and sang the theme song of the show, was canceled after it's fourth episode on this date.
- "Greek Theater 1976 - 1984" The Go Go's Notebook blog. Retrieved 2011-3-19