This site is dedicated to the memory of Harry Chapin. There are approximately 752 pages in this wiki.
On this day
Nothing yet has been noted for this day.
- December 3 - Steve Chapin Band performs at the Arcada Theater, St. Charles. Illinois.  Tickets at available at the Arcada Theater ticket office.
Insert non-formatted text here
Recent news and events
- August 20-22 - The 24th Annual Chapin Family Concert by the Sea Weekend at Ovens Park in Nova Scotia for 3 days of the Chapin Family and friends. 
- August 9 - Long Island singer songwriters performed the songs of Harry Chapin at the Harry Chapin Lakeside Theater in Eisenhower Park in Long Island. This benefit performance is free. Donation of canned food is kindly requested.
- July 11 - John McMenamin performed the Remembering Harry Chapin concert at the Media Theater for the Performing Arts, Media, PA. John wwsll be accompanied by Big John Wallace, Howard Fields, Robert DeVitis, and John Gebhart.
- June 21 - WhyHunger Chapin Awards dinner honored Ashford and Simpson, Growing Home, and Pete Seeger at Gotham Hall, New York, New York.
- June 5 - Steve Chapin Band with Jessica Craven performed at the Napa Valley Opera House, Napa, California.
- June 4 - Steve Chapin Band with Jessica Craven performed at the Livermore Performing Arts Center, Livermore, California.
- May 22 - Satinwood presented The Legendary Songs of Harry Chapin at the Iron Horse Music Hall in Northampton, Massachusetts
- May 17 - Melissa Etheridge was honored at the the 2010 NARM Harry Chapin Memorial Humanitarian Award at the 2010 National Association of Recording Merchandisers Convention in Chicago.
- April 17 - Voices for Hope: Harry Chapin Tribute Concert by Bill Pere and the L.U.N.C.H Ensemble.
- April 10 - The Chapin Family performed Harry Chapin: A Celebration in Song in Westbury, New Jersey. 
- March 28 - The out-of-print Harry Chapin Tribute CD has been re-released and is now available from harrychapinmusic.com. 
- March 17 - Melissa Etheridge will be honored with the 2010 NARM Harry Chapin Memorial Humanitarian Award at the 2010 National Association of Recording Merchandisers Convention on Monday, May 17, in Chicago.
Why does the Harry Chapin Wiki exist?
In 1999, Marty Acks started a Harry Chapin fan website. By 2008 the website was in need of updating. A wiki style update was chosen to simplify editing, provide built in searching, and for overall modernization of the website. Being a wiki, this web site now allow others to share what they know of Harry Chapin, his body of work, and the people and organizations he touched.
While Wikipedia is a great resource for information about famous people such as Harry, it also has notability guidelines. Much of the information in this website would not pass he notability test appropriate to a general purpose on-line encyclopedia, however it would be welcome here. Therefore, this wiki exists.
Contributions to the website are welcome and encouraged. This site uses the same software as wikipedia (mediawiki), so if you have updated wikipedia the process should be the same. If you have ideas for content but would prefer not to enter it yourself feel free to e-mail me directly. Trivia is encouraged, mind your manners, respect copyrights, and be reasonably Chapin related.
Should you have any questions feel free to contact me at martyacks at anyoldkindofday.com.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Steve Chapin Band official web site
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Chapin Family official web site
- ↑ Ovens Park web site
- ↑ whyhunger.com press release
- ↑ Satinwood MySpace page
- ↑ Lunch Ensemble web site
- ↑ Harry Chapin official web site
- ↑ National Association of Recording Merchandisers (March 17, 2009). "Melissa Etheridge To Be Honored With NARM’s Humanitarian Award". Press release. Retrieved 2010-04-02 .