|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This is dedicated to [[Harry Chapin]] .
== Extended Chapin Family ==
== Extended Chapin Family ==
Revision as of 11:39, 4 October 2009
This web site is dedicated to Harry Chapin and other artists in the extended Chapin family and friends.
Extended Chapin Family
Many members of the extended Chapin Family lead or have lead public lives in the arts.
- Kenneth Burke - Harry's uncle
- Michael Burke - Harry's uncle
- Abigail Chapin - Tom's Chapin's daughter
- James B. Chapin - Harry's oldest brother
- James Ormsbee Chapin - Harry's grandfather
- Jen Chapin - Harry's daughter
- Jim Chapin - Harry's father
- Josh Chapin - Harry's son
- Lily Chapin - Tom Chapin's daughter
- Sandy Chapin - Harry Chapin's wife
- Steve Chapin - Harry's brother
- Tom Chapin - Harry's brother
- Jessica Craven - Tom's Chapin's step daughter
- Jeb Hart - Harry's half brother
Why does ChapinWiki exist?
In 1999, Marty Acks started a Harry Chapin fan website at www.anyoldkindofday.com. It was one of many sites about Harry Chapin. By 2008 the website was in need of updating. A wiki style update was chosen to simplify editing, provide built in searching, and for overall modernization of the web site.
Perhaps, more importantly, this web site now allow others to share what the know of Harry Chapin, his body of work, and the people and organizations he touched. Feel free to contribute whatever you like. This is your website.
While Wikipedia is for a great resource for information about famous people such as Harry, it also has notability guidelines. Much of the information in this web site may be not pass a notable test appropriate to a general purpose on-line encyclopedia, but would welcome here. Therefore, this wiki exists.
- Trivia is encouraged - Minutiae about Harry Chapin and public, performing members of the Chapin family and friends is strongly encouraged.
- Mind your manners - Content that is controversial, inflammatory or disputed is also discouraged. Content about people who do not lead public lives is also not allowed. This content will be subject to removal.
- Be Positive - The content should be generally positive and accurate information. Observations about bad Rolling Stone reviews are fair game, but. Articles should have a "Personal Observations" section added where personal comments about an event, song, album or the like. The rest of the site is intended to a rather encyclopedic or wikipedia-like style to it.
- Respect copyrights - Quote sources where you can. Wholesale publishing of lyrics here is not allowed. This site does not have the explicit rights from any artists or other websites to publish their information. Information gleaned from other source should just be quotes briefly and links should be provided for more information.
- No commercial use please - This is not intended as a place to sell Chapin related materials. Blatant ads will be removed. Links to Chapin-related artists websites that have material for sale would be an is appropriate use. Also, information information on upcoming Chapin related events is encouraged.
- Be Chapin-related - Content should in some way be about Harry Chapin, family and friends. For example, an article about Bruce Springsteen's performance at the Tribute concert concert, his work with WHY, and a link to his official web site would be appropriate. A full Springsteen discography and biography would be discouraged.