From The Harry Chapin Wiki
Revision as of 21:30, 25 August 2012 by MartyAcks
|List of years|
|1974 1975 1976 - 1977 - 1978 1979 1980|
Day by Day
- 7 - Harry and Tom appear on Chicago-based Friday Night With Steve Edwards TV talk show.
- 15 - Full page ad appears in Billboard magazine for Harry's latest album.
- 30 - Harry appears on local New York TV show Wonderama with daughter Jennie and son Josh.
- 28 - Circus Magazine article on Harry.
- 5 - Harry performs two concerts in the Aquinas Hall Theater at Mt. St. Mary's College in Newburgh, New York
- 9 - Kirkland Fine Arts Center at Millikin University in Decatur, IL, USA. Two concerts were performed.
- 27 - Huff Gym at the University of Illinois in Champaign, IL, USA. Solo Benefit Concert.
- 11 - Post-Aula near Bremen, Germany.
- 12 - Studio L, Cologne (Köln), Germany. This concert was filmed for the German TV rock show Rockpalast. The concert was released on DVD in 2002.
- 29 - Bridgeport Jai Lai in Bridgeport, CT, USA
- 12 - Harry performs at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles in the first performance of a two night engagement.
- 13 - Harry performs at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles in the second performance of a two night engagement.
- 22 - Harry performs at the outdoor Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey in the first of a two night engagement.
- 23 - Harry performs at the outdoor Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey in the second night of a two night engagement.
- 3 - Elektra runs a full page ad for Dance Band on the Titanic in Billboard magazine.
- 3 - Rainbow Theater, London, England. This concert can by heard at Wolfgang's Vault. This concert recording is from the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio program. Wolfgang's Vault acquired the rights to those recordings in 2007.
- 21 - Harry performs at Memorial Gym at the Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, LA, USA. Ron Shue's pictures and a copy the concert contract are available at the The Harry Chapin Archive web site.
- 30 - Harry performs in St. Louis, Missouri at the Kiel Opera House.
- 27 - Fordham University, Bronx, NY. This concert was also broadcast on the WNEW (102.7). This show was part of the annual World Hunger Year fund raiser.
- ↑ "Harry Chapin Due at Mt. St. Mary". The Evening News (Newburgh, New York): p. 10. February 4, 1977. Retrieved 2012-01-28 .
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Greek Theater 1976 - 1984" The Go Go's Notebook blog. Retrieved 2011-3-19
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Record Stars Highlight Arts Center Week". The South Amboy Citizen (South Amboy, New Jersey): p. 4. August 18, 1977. Retrieved 2012-08-25 .
- ↑ Schwartz, B. (2010-07-12) "Opera House Historical Summary" (PDF) St. Louis, Missouri: St. Louis Blues. Retrieved 2011-03-06
- ↑ "OGWT" Harry-Chapin group YahooGroups! January 2, 2008. Retrieved 2012-01-28
- ↑ "Great UW Concert Memories: Harry Chapin plays the PAC in the late 1970's". Retrieved 2011-03-20 "...excuse for being late he couldn't find his limousine service at the airport as the only driver waiting around said I'm waiting for some hippie rock star - Harry didn't fit the fellow's idea of hippie rock star"