The Chapin Family
The Chapin Family is musical group that consists of an extended group of friends and family of Harry Chapin. They perform occasionally presenting both their own music and that of Harry's in a show generally titled Harry Chapin: A Celebration in Song. The group has also released two recodrings.
While this lineup can vary somewhat from show to show based on artist availability. The following performers have appeared at Chapin Family concerts:
- Tom Chapin - Harry's brother
- Steve Chapin - Harry's brother
- Jen Chapin - Harry's daughter
- Stephan Crump - Jen Chapin's husband and bandmate
- John Wallace - Harry's long time bass player
- Howard Fields - Harry's long time drummer
- Abigail Chapin - Tom's daughter
- Lily Chapin - Tom's daughter
- Jessica Craven - Tom's stepdaughter
- Jonathan Chapin - Steve's son
- Clark Wallace - John Wallace's son
- Michael Mark - Tom's long time band mate
- David Chapin - Harry's half brother
- Jim Chapin - Harry's dad (deceased)
|2005||The Chapin Family Christmas Collection: Volume II||Studio||Roseville Records||CD|
|2006||Harry Chapin: A Celebration in Song: Volume I||Live||Sundance Music||CD|
Most Chapin Family concerts are part of the Harry Chapin: A Celebration in Song series. Other concerts that have included large number of the Chapin family are listed below.
- January 18 - First of two nights event in Alexandria, Virgina at the Birchmere. This weekend was sponsored by the World Folk Music Association (WFMA)
- January 19 - Second of two nights event in Alexandria, Virgina at the Birchmere.