Remember When: The Anthology
Remember When: The Anthology was a PBS television show first broadcast August 13, 2005 as a fund raiser. The show was made available on DVD as a premium for donating to PBS. In 2009, this DVD was re-released on the Netherlands-based Alpha Centauri Entertainment label as Story of a Life.
Complete tracks of the songs were blended into the narrative of the original hour long TV program.
- Taxi - this track is from an early performance with his original 4 piece band.
- Mr. Tanner - this is a previously released performance from the 1974 Book of Chapin Soundstage performance.
- I Wanna Learn a Love Song
- Remember When the Music - segments of this song are played while Sandy reads a unpublished poem of Harry's.
- W*O*L*D - This is performance is from the same performance as Taxi
- Story of a Life
- Cat's in the Cradle
- Circle - from the 1980 Hamilton, Ontario concert, previously released on You Are the Only Song.
Bonus Features (These tracks were not included on the original TV program.)
- Song for Myself - from a previous unreleased September 20, 1973 performance on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
- Dancin' Boy - from a previously unreleased 1977 performance of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert
- Better Place to Be
- I Wonder What Would Happen to This World - performed by Jen Chapin
- Sandy Chapin - host
- Josh Chapin - host
- Jen Chapin - host
- Harry Chapin - performer
- Tom Chapin - acoustic guitar, vocals
- Steve Chapin - piano
- John Wallace - bass
- Howie Fields - drums
|United States||2005||MPI Media||DVD|
|Netherlands||2009||Alpha Centauri Entertainment||DVD||Released as Story of a Life|
This performance of Dancin' Boy from a 1977 appearance on the TV Show Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. An introduction by son Josh explains the motivation for the song.